Saturday at any time
Monday at any time
Tues/Thurs at any time
Wednesday at any time
Friday at any time
EducationGraduate of University of North Texas (May 2015)
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
Minor in Secondary Education
TEA certified for 7-12 Math
ExperienceWhy I Am a Tutor:
Education is something I am deeply passionate about. So much so that I enrolled in the Teach North Texas program at UNT. I taught Algebra I and Math Models before I had to move to care for my elderly grandparents. Will return to teaching this upcoming school year.
Being a tutor is more than a job to me: I want to help students succeed and become impassioned about learning! Especially when it comes to math!
I have tutored elementary, high school, and college students over the past 6 years.
Up until my graduation in May of 2015, I worked for a program that prepares adult learners for the GED. I was the lead tutor for this program and the sole math tutor. I led math lessons of various levels in Spanish to meet the needs of my students.
Certified to teacher 7th through 12th grade math in the state of Texas!
List of Past University Classes:
- Teach North Texas steps 1 and 2 [creating math lesson plans and implementing them in elementary and middle schools].
- Classroom Interactions [creating and implementing math lesson plans in a high school classroom].
- Project Based Learning [created a week long math and engineering project for students at METSA].
- Spanish I, II, III, IV, Literature, Grammar, Conversation I and II, Mexican Civilization, Linguistic Structures, and Phonetics.
- Calculus I, II, III, Real Analysis, Applied Statistics, Functions and Modeling, Abstract Algebra, Graph Theory, Foundations of Geometry, and Advanced Mathematics Curriculum (in depth look into the subjects covered in secondary level classrooms).
Please feel free to send me and e-mail if you would like a reference for a particular subject!
HobbiesI take every opportunity to read. It is one of my favorite pastimes! In my spare time if I am not reading, then I am creating online interactive math lessons or playing board games with friends.
I am also a huge animal lover! I personally own a cat, dog, and turtle!
Math, Geometry, Calculus 1, Pre-Calculus, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, ESL/ELL, Piano, Study Skills, Pre-Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Elementary Algebra, 10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, College Algebra, Study Skills And Organization
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.